Ashley's Place!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

February 18, 2007

Here is my second and final post from Newfoundland! Thursday was my day to watch the boys! It consisted of lots of playing with trucks, tag, hide and seek, puzzles, snacks, movie, tub, and finally those few cuddling minutes before their heads hit the pillow - it was a great day!

Friday was my day to just relax around the house and included a little bit of painting with the kids at the day care!

Yesterday I had "Auntie duties" in the morning, and used the afternoon to practice my song for this morning and get the practical things for my sermon ready to go. We went to Alvin's retirement party last night which gave me a chance to see a nice crowd of people - and then went skating with the youth which gave me a chance to even see more people! I cannot believe how big some of the young people have gotten...I changed some of their diapers! Crazy!

This morning I'm on to do the lead in the service and tonight I am on deck to preach. I'm sure it will be a little strange to preach to people who have known me since I was literally a baby - but I'm counting on the work of the HS to speak to them today. This afternoon Erika, Steve, the boys and Aunt Marie are here for turkey dinner (yummmmm). And I will have to say goodbye to Steve and the boys...I hate saying goodbye. Especially when I don't know the next time I'll see them. Unfortunately life has its sacrifices, and being away from family is one that I will have to endure. However Mom & Dad and Erika will be coming to Winnipeg for Commissioning so that gives us something to look forward to.

The best thing for me to do is go and enjoy my last day here in Corner Brook, as tomorrow is filled with 12.5 hours of travelling by myself. Have a great day - enjoy the Sabbath!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home