Ashley's Place!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Over the past few days I have been reading through the book of 1 Samuel. I have been reminded of the importance of friendship, 1 Samuel 18:1 "After David finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king's son. There was an immediate bond of love between them, and they became the best of friends." Sometimes we make immediate connections with friends, other times it take weeks of building trust - the importance is that friends are those special people we can laugh and cry with, encourage and stay close to during the rough times in our lives. Jonathan and David are a great example of Friends sticking close to one another during very difficult times...so difficult that it was close to David's death. Tonight I celebrate God's gift of friendship! I believe that I have found some of those close connections, and I will cherish them forever!

Tonight I also celebrate God's gift of family - I love all you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home